SEA offers members access to a variety of discounted services and consultations. Below is a brief listing of what’s available. Members should log in to access the specific resources. Not a member? Click here to join today!Legal Services
SEA members are eligible to receive two free 30-minute consultations with Shaw Bransford & Roth, PC – a premier federal employment law firm. For over thirty years, Shaw Bransford & Roth, PC has provided superior legal services on a wide range of federal practice issues, from representing federal employees nationwide in administrative, OIG and congressional investigations, disciplinary and performance actions, Bivens lawsuits, EEO and whistleblower litigation, security clearance and suitability determinations, to FOIA and Privacy Act litigationFinancial Resources
SEA works with several financial service providers to offer guidance and information to SEA members. Log in to access a variety of articles on financial topics for current and retired federal employees. Topics include:
- Leave it or Roll it (July 2020)
- Unexpected Early Retirement (July 2020)
- Don’t Let Emotional Investing Cloud Your Judgement (June 2020)
- 5 Reasons To Get A Jump On Filing Your Taxes (Published February, 17th, 2020)
- Basics of Estate Planning (Published February, 3rd, 2020)
- Take Steps Now to Save on your 2019 Tax Return (Published November, 18th, 2019)
- Holiday Gift Guide: Financial Gifts with a Lasting Impact (Published November, 18th, 2019)
- Answers to common Questions About Insurance (Published September, 5th, 2019)
- Thrift Savings Planner (Published July 11th, 2019)
- Too Busy to Prioritize Your Finances? Read this. (Published June 5th, 2019)
- How Much Market Risk Are You Really Willing to Accept? (Published April 11th, 2019)
- Seven Ways to Clean Your Financial House This Spring (Published March 25th, 2019)
- Face Your Future with Confidence Knowing You've Planned Ahead to Protect It (Published February 7th, 2019)
- Impact of Shutdown on Federal Workforce Initiatives (Published January 26th, 2018)
SEA also serves as a member of the Employee Thrift Advisory Council (ETAC) and provides members with updates and information received through membership on the Council. Log in to review articles and resources.
- Catch-Up contributions: When You're Eligible, Contribution Limits, How-to Contribute
- There are so many ways you can TSP!
- Add extra security to your TSP account
- Secure Act: How Could This New Law Impact Your Retirement Planning?
- How to Deal with Volatile Markets as You Approach Retirement
- Will You Retire or Keep Working? Your Answer May Impact Your Social Security Check
- Are You and Your Spouse on The Same Page About Retirement?
Private Sector Transition & Retirement Resources
SEA has partnered with GOVFLEX to allow members access to the GOVFLEX digital marketplace. GOVFLEX provides services to SEA members including assisting career executives in their transition from government service, as well as facilitating ease of entry of subject matter experts into programs throughout the Federal sector.
GOVFLEX provides SEA members with client support to help create member profiles during registration. The company is also highlighting those profiles in a new SEA senior executive category for premium clients. The marketplace will also provide SEA members with a platform for career transition assistance programs, such as identifying post-retirement options or when leaving Federal service mid-career.
Whether you are a Government contractor, independent consultant or expert or work in a government agency, click here to learn more.