Stay Relevant. Stay Connected.
SEA is the professional association for career leaders across the federal government. SEA believes that senior career leaders are an untapped resource and should be connected and empowered to improve the functioning of government, solve critical national challenges, and enhance the public’s trust in the Federal government.
SEA supports the SES, and those in the leadership pipeline, by providing the tools, trainings and connections they need to meet the challenges in a rapidly changing society. Through strategic connections, insight into cutting-edge practices and resources, career advancement tools, and thought leadership, SEA helps its members build a “Leadership Profession” within the federal government to ensure that the experience of senior career leaders is used in new ways to promote a stronger and more effective government.
SEA provides a variety of services for members. But, at the end of the day, SEA is a way for leaders across government to support each other, engage on a broad set of issues, and to further the mission of public service now and for the future.
Here are some of the many ways SEA assists its members:
Innovative Practices, Programs and Policy Development
- Provides research, insight and perspectives on cutting-edge practices and connects members to a variety of communities across government
- Brings together a diverse set of voices and perspectives to discuss policies, specific issue areas, and challenges to inform the work of senior leaders
News & Research
- Keeps members up to date on issues directly affecting senior executives – from the Executive Branch to Capitol Hill
- Spotlights the Good Stuff happening around government that Senior Executives should be aware of and connect to
- Join SEA and receive Our Monthly Newsletter, Weekly Executive Briefs, and Member Alerts
- Identifies experts across government to help members tackle challenges and identify opportunities – SEA members can reach out to current and retired senior executives for advice and expert guidance on a range of topics
- Career Planning & Help Guides – whether members are in the leadership pipeline or already experienced Senior Executives, SEA has access to expert career advice to help members achieve their goals
- Mentoring – SEA offers flash mentoring and can connect members to longer-term mentoring opportunities
- Coaching – SEA and its partners offer 1:1 coaching and peer to peer coaching
- Career Opportunity Board – Members looking for a detail, needing a detailee or new employee, or who are interested in a rotation or a new position, this platform lets them connect with other members across government
- Strategic Networking – connect with SEA members, partners and others across government through a membership directory and social events.
Discounts & Services