Membership in the Senior Executives Association provides you with a host of benefits and access to numerous professional services, including: advocacy, free services and discounts, news and information, and professional development.
|Benefits for New or Aspiring SES|
|| Benefits for Retirement Planning|
|| Resources for Members Logged In|
- Active, professional representation in Congress and with the Administration about matters that directly affect your career and profession.
- A full-time professional staff, including former career federal executives, working on your behalf and serving membership needs.
Free Services and Discounts
- Unlock exclusive discounts through our new travel partnership with HotelStorm to give you savings on hotels of up to 55% off other travel sites!
- Free Avis Preferred membership for both personal and government travel, special coupons for upgrades and dollars off upcoming rentals, and discounts off daily,weekly, and weekend rental rates. (Logged-in SEA members can click 'Avis Car Rental' in the menu on the right for more information).
- One complimentary executive coaching session (one hour via telephone or in person at Experience Matters' office) and a 10% reduction in coaching engagement rates through Experience Matters. Call 202.210.5587 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
- Two free half-hour legal consultations annually and a 10% reduction in hourly rates with the law firm of Shaw Bransford & Roth P.C. (assuming Shaw Bransford & Roth P.C. does not have a conflict of interest).
- A free one year subscription to Federal Times. If you have not yet subscribed, call SEA Membership at 202.971.3300.
- GEICO through a member discount and access to GEICO Preferred for special processing of auto, homeowner's, renter's and umbrella insurance policies.
- Discounts at the SES Store on official Senior Executive Service flags, pens, padfolios, cufflinks and lapel pins.
- Low, fixed-rate personal loans from First Command Financial Services (SEA members log-in for more information)
News and Information
- ACTION newsletter, published monthly, which contains information on legislative, administrative and judicial issues affecting federal executives. It also features SEA and SEA PDL activities, as well as member news.
- Stay on top of the latest information regarding the Senior Executive Service and SEA through Member Alerts sent via e-mail.
- Expert information and advice about personnel policies and procedures.
- Helpful resources and relevant research available through the members-only section of SEA's website.
- Assistance in helping you to locate and secure developmental assignments or job rotations as part of SES continual learning opportunities, SES candidate development programs, or similar reasons.
- Information and networking opportunities during frequent webinar events (with call-in capability) on a variety of topics of interest to members.
- Access to SEA's Flash Mentoring Program where GS-14/15 members can be connected with active or retired SES members for a one-time, one-hour meeting to learn and seek guidance from a more experienced person who can pass on relevant knowledge and experience.
- Opportunities to network with your peers in federal career leadership positions and others in government and the private sector.
Resources for Members Logged-Into SEA's Website
- Slides from previous SEA webinars, including "Financial Intelligence," "Medicare Part B: Do You Need It?", and "Finding the Best Fit for Life After Government."
- Full archive of "Ask Bert" and "Ask Tim" columns.
- Digital editions of SEA's ACTION newsletter from 2005 onward.
- Developmental Assignment request form.
- Information on "Flash Mentoring."
- Health resources for pre-retirement and overseas travel.
- Information on how to take advantage of your SEA Executive Coaching member benefit.
- SEA feedback form for members.
- Information on how to take advantage of your SEA legal assistance member benefit.
- Professional Liability Insurance information and advice.