Membership in the Senior Executives Association provides you with a host of benefits and access to numerous professional services, including: advocacy, free services and discounts, news and information, and professional development.
|Benefits for New or Aspiring SES|
|| Benefits for Retirement Planning|
|| Resources for Members Logged In|
- Active, professional representation in Congress and with the Administration about matters that directly affect your career and profession.
- A full-time professional staff, including former career federal executives, working on your behalf and serving membership needs.
Free Services and Discounts
- Free Avis Preferred membership for both personal and government travel, special coupons for upgrades and dollars off upcoming rentals, and discounts off daily,weekly, and weekend rental rates. (Logged-in SEA members can click 'Avis Car Rental' in the menu on the right for more information).
- One complimentary executive coaching session (one hour via telephone or in person at Experience Matters' office) and a 10% reduction in coaching engagement rates through Experience Matters. Call 202.210.5587 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Two free half-hour legal consultations annually and a 10% reduction in hourly rates with the law firm of Shaw Bransford & Roth P.C. (assuming that Shaw Bransford & Roth P.C. does not have a conflict of interest).
- A free one year subscription to Federal Times. If you have not yet subscribed, call SEA Membership at 202.971.3300.
- GEICO through a member discount and access to GEICO Preferred for special processing of auto, homeowner's, renter's and umbrella insurance policies.
- One free hour of financial planning services and a one-time $200 discount for a portfolio review from Variplan, LLC.
- Discounts at the SES Store on official Senior Executive Service flags, pens, padfolios, cufflinks and lapel pins.
- Low, fixed-rate personal loans from First Command Financial Services (SEA members log-in for more information)
News and Information
- ACTION newsletter, published monthly, which contains information on legislative, administrative and judicial issues affecting federal executives. It also features SEA and SEA PDL activities, as well as member news.
- Stay on top of the latest information regarding the Senior Executive Service and SEA through bi-weekly Member Alerts sent via e-mail.
- Congress At Your Fingertips, a congressional directory, published by Blue Cross and Blue Shield Federal Employee Program for SEA.
- Expert information and advice about personnel policies and procedures.
- For SEA members who are new to the SES (and any other members who may wish to attend) a free 2 hour session, "What's So Different About the SES Anyway?" The session covers rights and responsibilities, benefits, job protection and limited appeal rights, fallback rights, pay for performance, mobility and the 120 day rule.
- Helpful resources and relevant research available through the members-only section of SEA's website.
- Assistance in helping you to locate and secure developmental assignments or job rotations as part of SES continual learning opportunities, SES candidate development programs, or similar reasons.
- Information and networking opportunities during frequent webinar events (with call-in capability) on a variety of topics of interest to members.
- Access to SEA's Flash Mentoring Program where GS-14/15 members can be connected with active or retired SES members for a one-time, one-hour meeting to learn and seek guidance from a more experienced person who can pass on relevant knowledge and experience.
- Opportunities to network with your peers in federal career leadership positions and others in government and the private sector.
Resources for Members Logged-Into SEA's Website
- Slides from previous SEA webinars, including "Financial Intelligence," "Medicare Part B: Do You Need It?", and "Finding the Best Fit for Life After Government."
- Full archive of "Ask Bert" and "Ask Tim" columns.
- Digital editions of SEA's ACTION newsletter from 2005 onward.
- Developmental Assignment request form.
- Information on "Flash Mentoring."
- Health resources for pre-retirement and overseas travel.
- Information on how to take advantage of your SEA Executive Coaching member benefit.
- SEA feedback form for members.
- Information on how to take advantage of your SEA legal assistance member benefit.
- Professional Liability Insurance information and advice.