What SEA Is Doing
Presidential Transition Resources
SEA, through its Professional Development League (PDL), has drawn upon the knowledge and experience of the members of its Distinguished Executives Advisory Network, the DEAN’s List, to provide advice and support to help career executives prepare for, navigate, and succeed in the upcoming transition. The DEAN’s List is comprised of accomplished career executives who have received the Presidential Rank of Distinguished Executive, presented for “sustained extraordinary accomplishment” and given to a maximum of only 1% of the career corps each year.
In support of DEAN’s List efforts, SEA is hosting, with List members, a series of webinars throughout the year:
• Webinar 1 - May 18, 2016 - "Be Prepared"
• Webinar 2 - July 21, 2016 - "What Agencies Are Required to Do - And Are Doing Now - To Prepare for Transition"
• Webinar 3 - September 21, 2016 - "Update: The Work of the White House Transition Coordinating Council and the Agency Transition Directors Council"
• Webinar 4 - October 5, 2016 - "Update: The Work of the White House Transition Coordinating Council and the Agency Transition Directors Council"
• Webinar 5 - October 26, 2016 - "SES Personnel Rules During Presidential Transition"
• Webinar 6 - December 7, 2016 - "How to Engage Effectively and Support New Political Leadership after Arrival"
The series is being complemented by the production of a Handbook on Presidential Transition for Federal Career Executives, providing written guidance, best practices, and lessons learned, as well as links to key transition references. SEA PDL is releasing sections of the Handbook as they are developed throughout the year rather than awaiting the completion of the webinars. It will build, update, and revise the Handbook as new material becomes available and feedback is received. Your comments and suggestions are welcomed!