Communities of Change: Goal, Purpose, Structure & Resourcing
Utilize the expertise and experience of SEA members to address important issues affecting government leaders and produce legislative/policy solutions that result in a more effective and efficient government that is responsive to the exponential changes facing society at large.
Communities of Change (CoCs) will:
- Provide a forum where SEA members and key SEA stakeholders can network and engage with one another professionally.
- Inform the SEA Board of Directors about important policy issues affecting the CoC’s community.
- Provide a platform from which SEA members can learn about practices and programs that will enable members to be more effective in their jobs and careers.
- Produce reports, studies, and other products that are educational for SEA members and help inform SEA’s Strategic Direction.
- Develop a long-term strategy that sustains the activities of the CoC.
SEA’s Board of Directors will charter six CoCs:
- Fiscal Accountability
- Governance Innovation
- Human Capital/Leadership
- National Security
Each CoC will be guided by a Charter (attached) and will report to the SEA Board of Directors. Some key characteristics of the CoCs include:
- Each will be led by co-chairs, who will be SEA members and at least one co-chair will be an active SES.Associations and key interest groups will be invited to participate in the CoCs.
- An industry partner will provide resources to enable the CoC to fully function, including providing assistance with studies and policy papers.
- SEA staff will coordinate the CoCs and provide day-to-day management.
- CoC members will have an opportunity to interact, as appropriate, with key policymakers, including at OMB, OPM and the Hill.
- CoC’s will meet at least quarterly and will focus their efforts to produce reports, policy papers and other work products in time for the SEA Annual Conference and Meeting.
The co-chairs will recruit CoC membership from the following sources:
- SEA Members
- SEA Associate Members
- SEA Rising Leaders
- SEA Corporate Partners
- Associations & Special Interest Groups
- SEA, in partnership with the industry partner, will provide all of the staff resources for the CoC.
- The industry partner will provide SEA with funding to support SEA staff activities.
- SEA and the industry partner will conduct the research and writing required for CoC products, including policy positions, studies, communications, and presentations.
Ready to sign up for a CoC? Click below to get started!