As federal career leaders across government, SEA’s members are driven to ensure that federal agencies and employees are governed by laws and policies that allow them to effectively serve the national interest.
SEA helps its members achieve this by seeking constructive legislative, regulatory and policy solutions to ensure a government and senior leadership that is forward thinking, innovative and accountable to meeting the challenges of doing business and serving the American people in the 21st century.
On behalf of its members, SEA regularly engages with Congress, the Administration, and Executive Branch agencies.
- View SEA’s Legislative and Policy Platform >
- View Congressional Testimony >
- View Letters to the Administration, Congress and the Executive Branch >
In order to successfully advocate for legislation, policies and regulations that underpin effective government, SEA engages in educational campaigns with Congress and the Administration – both on the SES system and the civil service generally. Below are several fact sheets from the past several years created by SEA to educate and myth-bust.
- New: Who Are VA Senior Executives? (One Pager)
- A Review of the State of the Federal Career Executive Corps
- Basics of the Federal Government's Senior Executive Service (SES)
- What is a Federal Career Senior Executive?
- Differences Between GS and SES
- Overlapping Pay: Myths and Realities
- Proliferation of Senior Level Pay Systems Equivalent to the SES
- Fragmentation of the Senior Executive Service
- The United States Federal Career Senior Executive Service: It's Purpose, Major Features and Role in Policy Formulation and Implementation
- A White Paper presented by Tim Dirks, SEA Director of Member and Agency Liaison, to the National Association of Specialists in Public Policies and Government Management at the Brazilian Conference of Public Managers (October 18, 2013, in Brasilia, Federal District, Brazil).