August 19, 9:00am-4:00pm ET
Moderators and Panelists: Experts from 10 Federal Agencies
The Federal Leadership and Professional Development Seminar Series is conducting a full-day workshop for government employees that will bring together experts from 10 agencies to discuss strategies for Strategic Planning, Performance Measurement, and Evaluation. The workshop will wrap up with a session on the Evidence Act and Learning Agendas.
This workshop is open to all government employees with a .gov or .mil email address.
Workshop Co-Sponsors: AHRQ MAGIC (event day logistics and support), GSA DigitalGov (webinar platform and Section 508 support), HHS ASPE (co-host for Strategic Planning Seminar), and the OMB Evidence Team (co-host for Evaluation and Evidence Act Seminars).
Registration: Note that Registration is required. There is no fee, but registration will assist with planning and capacity limitations.
- For WEBINAR Attendance, REGISTER at:http://cma.ahrq.gov/AugustWebinar (If the link does not automatically open the registration page, please copy and paste it into your browser.)
- Note: Remote attendance is limited to the first 1,500 registrants.
- For IN-PERSON (ROCKVILLE, MD) Attendance, REGISTER at:http://cma.ahrq.gov/AugustInPerson (If the link does not automatically open the registration page, please copy and paste it into your browser.)
- Note: In-person attendance is limited to the first 100 registrants.
Agenda: (Note: Attendees may attend part or all of the workshop.)
- 9:00-9:05am: Introduction to the Day. Kim Wittenberg, HHS
- 9:05-9:45am: The Federal Performance Framework – Demystifying Policies and Guidance for Improving Agency Performance and Program Service Delivery. Adam Lipton, OMB
- 9:45-11:15am: Strategic Planning at Agency- and Programmatic-Levels – Cross-Agency Perspectives and Strategies. Moderator: Margo Baily, HHS. Panelists: David Walters, NASA; Lenora Stiles, Treasury; Christine Heflin, Commerce.
- 11:25am-12:10pm: Measuring Performance and Impact – How to Choose Meaningful Metrics. Boris Arratia, GSA
(30-minute Break for Lunch)
- 12:40pm-2:10pm: Evaluation in the Federal Government – Cross-Agency Perspectives and Strategies. Moderator: Erica Zielewski, OMB. Panelists: Christine Fortunato, HHS; Elizabeth Roen, USAID; Russ Burnett, GSA
- 2:20pm-3:50pm: The Evidence Act and Learning Agendas – How Learning Agendas Can be a Strategic Tool for Evidence-Building.Moderator: Erika Liliedahl, OMB. Panelists: Brittany Borg, SBA; Rebecca Kruse, NSF; Anne Fletcher, HUD
- 3:50-4:00pm: Wrap up for the Day. Kim Wittenberg, HHS
Seminar Series Chair: Kim Wittenberg, MA (firstname.lastname@example.org)