"Strategies and Best Practices for Managing the Transition to a New Administration"
Presidential Transition Resources
A Webinar Series Offering Transition Guidance for Career Senior Executives
Click here now to register for the remaining webinar in the series, and see the links at the bottom of this page for recordings and slides from the previously presented webinars
Virtually all of the activity around, and planning for, the 2017 Presidential transition is focused on incoming political leadership – the policies and management reforms they will pursue and the preparation which is desirable for them to be effective in their new positions. At the same time, although many current career Federal executives have not experienced a Presidential Transition at the level of their current positions, little or no attention if being given to:
· The role of the career SES and Senior Professionals in providing institutional memory and maintaining program leadership during the transition;
· Best practices for career executives in managing the transition process during the year leading up to – and during - a change in Administration; and
· The perspective and approach most likely to ensure the career/political team works well as early as possible in a new Administration.
The SEA PDL Distinguished Executive’s Advisory Network has developed a webinar series on these topics which will constitute – and culminate in - a practical guide for the career executive corps on:
· What to expect during all phases of transition; the opportunities and pitfalls of transition; and lessons learned from seasoned Senior Executives who have been through Presidential transitions at the SES level
· The role of career executives in the transition; what they can and should begin to do now, right before the election, between the election and inauguration, and after the inauguration - to prepare for the transition and position themselves and their new political appointees for success in their own, and across, organizations.
· Advice for those in acting political positions regarding managing until new political leadership is on board.
Third webinar in the series: "Update - The Work of the White House Transition Coordinating Council and the Agency Transition Directors Council - Recording, slides, and information on panelists, moderators.