SEA Continues to Thrive with Two Big Events this Month
I hope you are as excited about the upcoming SEA Annual Meeting on December 12th and the SEA Presidential Rank Awards Leadership Summit on December 13th as I am!
Registration is free for the December 12th Annual Meeting (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/register-now-2018-senior-executives-association-annual-member-meeting-tickets-47826875472) and SEA members get a deep discount on registration for the PRA Summit (www.PresidentialRankAwards.com). Both events are at the historic Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC.
The SEA Annual Meeting will feature updates on SEA’s many different initiatives, and a celebration of the 2018 SEA-Young Government Leaders Mentor/Protégé Class.
But…wait, there’s more! We will recognize three special guests at the Annual Meeting:
- Congressman Gerry Connolly (D-11) will be accepting the first annual SEA Congressional Public Service Leaders Award. Congressman Connolly has been a longtime SEA friend and ally and is one of the strongest advocates in Congress for the career civil service and good government.
- Nicole Ogrysko, a reporter with Federal News Network, will be accepting the first annual SEA Media Public Service Leaders Award. Nicole is an outstanding reporter who always gets the facts right and does an extraordinary job of reporting on very complex issues.
- Jagdish Chandra, an SEA Member since January 1980 (!) will be accepting the first annual SEA Pioneer Award, which recognizes those SEA Members who have demonstrated their unwavering support for SEA’s mission over the past four decades. SEA was founded in January 1980 and Jagdish is one of 5 SEA Members who are still active in the Association. A remarkable demonstration of commitment to SEA that we will celebrate on December 12th!
But…wait, there’s more!
I don’t have enough space to highlight all of the activities that will go on at the December 13th PRA Leadership Summit, but here are a few notable events:
- Our 5 keynote speakers include Margaret Weichert, Deputy Director for Management at OMB and Acting Director of OPM; Department of Energy Deputy Secretary Dan Brouillette; Joseph Heck, former Congressman (Nev-3) and current Chairman of the National Commission on Military, National and Public Service; Bill Eggers, a visionary futurist; and, Dana Born, retired Air Force Brigadier General and currently with Harvard’s JFK School.
- We will celebrate the achievements of the 2018 class of 130 Presidential Rank Award winners, who are an extraordinary collection of dedicated public servant leaders. Francis Rose, host of WJLA’s Government Matters will be the master of ceremonies for the PRA Meritorious Rank celebration and Tom Temin, host of Federal News Network’s Morning Drive will MC the PRA Distinguished Rank celebration.
- We will have policy panels on a wide range of current issues of the day, including resiliency, Public Service Leadership as a Profession, Civil Service Modernization, and Program Integrity.
But…wait, there’s even more!
You will have ample opportunity to network with your peers, engage in flash mentoring and attend three professional development seminars led by world class experts from the Arbinger Institute, the Association for Talent Development, and American University’s Key Leadership Program.
I highly encourage you to attend both of these events and look forward to seeing you soon.
As always, if I can be of service to you in any way, please do not hesitate to drop me a line at Bill.Valdez@seniorexecs.org.