Seeking SEA Board Member Candidates
The SEA Nominating Committee is seeking members in good-standing to serve as candidates for election to the association's Board of Directors.
Members of SEA's Board of Directors play a critical and singular role in the long-term success of the association, by representing the values, interests, and diverse views of SEA members. The board is responsible for charting the association's strategic direction, setting priorities for programs and services, ensuring the fiscal health of SEA, and helping direct resource investments.
Five of the 15 seats on SEA’s board are up for election each year. Board members are elected by the membership in September/October, begin their term November 1, and serve a 3-year term.
There are six (6) bimonthly board meetings during the year (after work), alternating bimonthly committee meetings (after work), and a Saturday retreat in the DC area. Board members can expect to volunteer a minimum of 5 hours per month on association business.
If you’re interested in learning more about serving on the board, have questions, and/or wish to be a candidate, please email SEA Executive Director Jason Briefel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Candidates seeking election must submit the following documentation prior to September 1. It is not necessary to submit this information upon expressing interest in running for election to the board.
- The Candidate Package (400 words maximum – samples available). If your total submission (comprised of the 5 bullets below) exceeds 400 words, we will either edit it and return it to you for review or request you to shorten it. Samples are available.
- Priorities: A personal statement of the nominee's ideas about SEA's future priorities and objectives. Generally the most important section, and the only one in which information about you is not given in list format.
- SEA Experience and Other Activities: A brief outline of the nominee's previous or current SEA and SEA PDL involvement, such as serving as a committee member, participating in an annual conference panel, or recruiting members. Additionally, please include information on non-SEA volunteer work, including service on other boards, in list format.
- Professional Experience: A brief description of the nominee's current federal experience, as well as any other relevant background. Dates of positions are not necessary. Please include this information in list format.
- Awards: Any relevant awards received (in list format).
- Education: Educational biography. Dates of degrees are not necessary.
- The nominee's office address, telephone numbers and fax number (this information is used by the Nominating Committee).
- A photograph for use in the ballot. Please make sure the picture you e-mail has a high enough resolution for print (300 dpi) and that it is in jpeg format.
Thank you for your interest in taking on a leadership role in your Senior Executives Association!
SEA Nominating Committee
Susan A. Yarwood